In the News
Activating Proxy (Offsite) Access to UMMS Resources
Registered library users can access online UMMS resources from off campus. You'll need your library barcode (the small barcode sticker on the back of your ID badge) to activate proxy access. Follow these instructions:
- Click on WorldCat Local from the library’s home page.
- Click on Sign In next to Your library account in the upper right.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter your library barcode number (use an upper case D) in the User Name box.
- Click on Request Password.
- You will receive an email with a link. Follow this link to the page where you will input your new password.
- Enter your barcode number once again and choose, then confirm, a password of your choice (password must contain at least one number).
- Click Change Password. The process is now complete.
Interlibrary Loans at No Charge for Student Research!
Effective immediately, the Lamar Soutter Library will absorb all costs, including copyright fees, for UMMS students' interlibrary loan requests that support their study or research at UMMS. The interlibrary loan service should be used to obtain items not owned by the library. Please check to see if the library owns the title before placing the request. If you request an article already owned by the library, the request will be processed and the article sent to you for an $11.00 fee. Questions? Contact Vivian Okyere at 508-856-2080.
If you're a regular user of Twitter, consider following both the Library's Research account and general news account to learn about relevant and interesting news in biomedical research, science publishing and publications, updates on events, classes, resources and other Library-related information of importance to you. And every now and then, you might see something fun, too!
UMass Med Now
From the UMMS Office of Communications:
New! Clinical & Translational Science Research Retreat
Many of the posters and presentations from the 2nd annual Clinical and Translational Science Research Retreat, "Creating Science Collaborations across the Commonwealth: Translating the Life Science Moment," are now archived in eScholarship@UMMS. This retreat highlighted the ongoing work being done at UMass Medical School, clinical partner UMass Memorial Health Care, other UMass campuses, and other participating institutions to fulfill the mission of the UMass Center for Clinical and Translational Science (UMCCTS).
Check These Out
Each week Nature publishes a free audio show featuring highlighted content from the week's edition of Nature. Listen in for interviews with the people behind the science, and in-depth commentary and analysis from journalists covering science around the world.