PubMed Mobile Resources
Free PubMed Mobile Resources
PubMed for Handhelds - links to download the PubMed apps from iTunes or the Google Play store. Also allows for a PubMed search via the web browser of any mobile device. Includes the ability to conduct a PICO search as well as search MedLine/PubMed, read journal abstracts and link to FullText.
PubMed Mobile - mobile accessible interface for PubMed.
Additional PubMed Mobile Resources ($)
PubMed CLIP - iPhone: $ - iPhone app for searching PubMed with additional functionality: text search, advanced search of 36 fields and 8 limits, save searches to run later, access full-text PDFs of UMMS subscriptions. Also, save articles for offline viewing, create folders for saving references.
PubMed on Tap - iPhone: $ - PubMed search interface with option to put in proxy URL to get to full-text of UMMS subscription content.
PubSavvy - iPhone: $ - PubMed search interface that allows you to select articles and send them to a clipboard for later reading.
Commercial Medical Apps
- @Hand ($) – Series of discipline-specific point-of-care treatment strategies. The site is also a clearinghouse for other commercially available e-books and e-resources for a handheld device.
- Bili Tool – For iPhone/iTouch platforms only. Calculates risk for hyperbilirubinemia or "jaundice" in newborns.
- Clinical Medicine Series ($) – Over 30 titles on different disciplines of medicine. Contains information on basic procedures.
- Epocrates ($) – Subscription-based comprehensive drug, diagnostic and symptom tool or download the drug database at no cost.
- HanDBase ($) – Available for multiple platforms. Create handheld mini databases to track any information.
- Harrison's Manual for Mobile ($) – The classic internal medicine textbook. Available for all platforms.
- LexiComp ($) – Comprehensive pharmaceutical resource..
- PDA MD ($) – Clearinghouse for apps for many device models.
- Skyscape ($) – Comprehensive site featuring top quality textbook and other medical resource applications for varied platforms. Find full list of All Skyscape Medical References here.
- StatCoder ($) – iPhone/iTouch apps including growth charts, depression screening, ICD-9 codes and asthma guidelines.
- Washington Manuals ($) – Excellent guides designed for residents. Manuals provided for 28 different specialties. Available via Skyscape
This information is for informational purposes only. The library does not endorse specific products.