Many studies have documented widespread racial and ethnic disparities in health status and many factors contribute to these disparities: inequalities in income and education, environmental and economic conditions, specific health behaviors and lifestyle patterns, access to healthcare, and even equality of service. Health disparities have also been observed in other segments of the population characterized by geographic location, age, gender, disability status, and sexual orientation,
Your project involves researching a cultural group affected by a health disparity in Massachusetts and preparing a powerpoint presentation on your research.
The library has resources to help you with both parts of your project:
• To access electronic resources (like articles), use your umassmed.edu email credentials to authenticate. When you select a resource from the Library's website that requires an EZproxy login, the screen shown in the image below will appear. Choose "YES, I have a umassmed.edu email account," and log in with your UMass Chan email credentials.
• Many resources related to your project are under the two tabs near the top of the page, labeled "Finding Information" and "Creating a Presentation".
• You'll find even more resources on the rest of the library website.
• If you have a question, email Vivian Okyere: Vivian.Okyere@umassmed.edu
• The librarians are here to help you too. You can fill out an Ask a Librarian request. Questions are answered Monday through Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM.