Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Place Requests
- Through our online databases you can use the "Check for Full Text" link to order journal articles not owned by the library. Simply click on the “Request this document via Interlibrary Loan” link which will fill-in the interlibrary loan request form.
- The first time you place an order, you will register as an ILLiad user. Your library barcode number will be your username. You will choose your own password. To avoid delays, be sure to include your payment information.
- If you forget your password, contact the Interlibrary Loan office at 508-856-2080.
How do I make an account?
What is my Library Barcode?
Your username is your library barcode. It begins with D and has 9 digits.
Apply for a barcode here. Get help with your barcode by calling or emailing: 508-856-6099, CircStaffMB@umassmed.edu
How do I make a new request?
1. Log in to your ILL account.
2. Click Article, Book, Book Chapter, or Dissertation in the "New Requests" section of the sidebar:
3. Enter the information for the article. Then click Submit Request.
How do I submit a request using PubMed?
- Search for the article using PubMed as you would ordinarily.
- When you have found the article, look at the right side-bar for any full-text links. Click Check For Full Text to search all UMMS resources.
3. If the Check for Full Text link does not find any resources, you can click Request Item via Interlibrary Loan to automatically fill-in the Interlibrary Loan form.